Wednesday

Kitchen : Organization & Storage Ideas

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen : cooking & baking combined with homework & project help { that usually takes place at the island } . I find that the more I organize the Kitchen, the easier it's for me to get things done ... & faster too. And when things get easier in the Kitchen, I enjoy the time I spend there.



The 3 things { that I believe } solve most ... if not all storage & organization issues are :
  1. Cabinets
  2. Drawers
  3. Shelves
How to organize them is up to individual preference ... based on what gets used frequently & what doesn't ; what material its made of etc etc. And no doubt there's a huge variety of gadgets & tools in the market to help in this process. Available in all sorts of colors, sizes & styles, you are sure to find one to fit perfectly into your lifestyle in your dream Kitchen.  

Here are some really cool & very inspiring pics of various organizational & storage solutions / styles that I came across :



Drawer Inserts to Sort & Organize any { and all your } kitchen tools

A spot for spices, pulses ... for anything & everything !


And one to house all your gadgets & appliances too

I swoon over kitchens that have the open shelving & storage. It gives the space a casual yet modern flair. 


Now isn't that gorgeous !

A small kitchen will sure benefit from the openness that these open shelves create, but this 'visual space expansion' comes with a price. Regular dusting of shelves & the stuff kept on it will add to the list of your everyday chores. Plus you should be able to have good looking , attractive stuff to put on those open shelves for everyone to see right ?  And they'll always ... ALWAYS ... have to be kept organized & neat. 

I don't think I have it in me to make that my style, But if it is your kind-a-thing, here are some pics to enjoy :

A simple vignette like this in any Kitchen corner would add so much to 
the character of the space. Luv it !

A traditional - mod kitchen sporting open shelves beautifully 

A Rustic - Country styled Kitchen with the classic white accents on the open shelf. 

The colorful cups, plates & bowls add fun & cheer to this kitchen


Luv the Industrial vibe in this open storage solution 

At the end of the day, I believe how you organize your kitchen is what makes it great, not how much you spend on the cabinetry and such. I would choose to have a combo of open and closed storage solutions in my kitchen. What would you like ?

For more ideas to style your kitchen... head over to my pinterest board : Kitchen Love .
Happy Styling !

pic: via pinterest

3 comments:



  1. Hi,

    This is such a nice blog and It is really helpful for me, But i am looking for the kitchen cabinets related post,So please suggest and share if you have.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minol ( Studio M Designs )September 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM

    Hi. Thanks for stopping by. Glad you like my blog. I don't have a post on cabinets yet. Will luk for some and share them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many ways to go about organizing your kitchen accessory. Different methods make more sense depending on your space and what you’re storing. No matter which method you choose, these cool kitchen storage definitely helps you to reduce the space usage.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stay Connected ...



Studio M - Designs for your Home & Business : Projects

Interior Design & Consultation Services

by Studio M - Designs for your Home & Business