Tuesday

Color Pick : Radiant Orchid

As we come towards the end of 2013, the gorgeous Jewel Tone Emerald makes way for an Enchanting shade of Purple. Pantone announced Radiant Orchid as The Color of the Year 2014. I must admit that I was gravitating towards the more pastel-y shade : Violet Tulip from their Spring 2014 Color Trends. But I am glad that at the end , at-least it was a purple shade that took the cake.


" An enchanting harmony of fuchsia , purple and pink undertones , 
Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy , love and health . 
It is one of those purple hues that draws you in with its beguiling charm.”


Purple is synonymous with Mystery & Magic. An enigmatic color according to many , it also was the favorite of Queen Cleopatra. When I think of this rich shade, it's Extravagance & Royalty that come to my mind ... Like a regal four poster bed fitted with heavy ( purple ) silk fabrics or like a Queen's ( purple ) velvet cape lined with fur ! What do you associate this color with ?


This reigning color is pretty bold . It sure will be tricky { but not impossible } to use this shade to paint an entire room. I think it would be a fabulous shade to create a feature wall with ! I am most eager to see this vibrant shade trending in accents & lifestyle accessories though . 



When it comes to complementing a design style , I luv how versatile Radiant Orchid is. I am reminded of the flamboyant Amethyst hue of the Baroque period and the funky plum color of the Contemporary Style . 


I think it looks great when paired with whites and grays ... basically neutrals. Brings in a lot of energy with its inherent vibrancy . Though , it is also known to work well with darker olive greens & teals.


" This Expressive color : Radiant Orchid ... blooms with confidence and warmth ."

I am excited about this shade of Pinkish-Purple. Do share what you think of Pantone's Color Pick for 2014. Until then , enjoy decor & styling ideas with this exotic color on my inspiration board : Radiant Orchid . 

Happy Styling !


2 comments:

  1. I think most "designer" rooms are over done. I like clean and simple. I love sophisticated furniture and décor.
    Modern Living Area Designed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minol ( Studio M Designs )March 4, 2014 at 9:40 PM

      Hi Laura. Yeah ... I like simple & sophisticated styling too. Just stopped by your page. Luved the green n white apartment styling for the young couple.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stay Connected ...



Studio M - Designs for your Home & Business : Projects

Interior Design & Consultation Services

by Studio M - Designs for your Home & Business