Wednesday

Modern Goes Country : My Interior Design Article for a Real Estate Magazine

I have been away for a while. Busy with launching new design & staging related services and also finishing up projects ... all with juggling my lil' one's summer vacation schedule. 

But I do want to share one of the many exciting things that I did : I contributed to one of the Local County Magazines : Williamson County Real Estate Magazine.  It was fun project and I thoroughly enjoyed product hunting and creating the article " Modern Goes Country ".

The issue was all about this beautiful Liberty Hill Country area ( Austin , Texas ). The brief that my publisher Kimberly Ruka gave me was that she wanted something simple yet with a designer feel where we promote the country style living. So I came up with this idea of marrying the Casual Country vibe with a more Modern & Upscale look.

And here is the design board I created for it ( which is then altered slightly by the editor for the final print ) :


And here is my { 150 word } write up ...

You don’t have to live in a barn to enjoy the charm of country d├ęcor. 
Here are 5 styling tips to bring in the relaxed country vibe into your fast paced urban lifestyle …

1.    Soft Neutral Palettes: Beige, cream, gray & white tones are perfect colors for a country home decor.
2.    Classic Patterns: Gingham checks, flowers, roosters etc in modern silhouettes & color combinations add in the country cheer.
3.    Natural Finishes & Fabrics: Modern style furniture & accents with clean straight lines in wood, jute & linen is a perfect way to combine the 2 styles.
4.    Antiques: Using vintage furniture, toys & other accessories in distressed wood & metals with a patina are key to country charm
5.    Casual Styling: Layer your decor with a mix & match of accents to create the inherent warm & welcoming country ambiance.


And guess what : I also get a nice lil' intro from the publisher ( something I did not expect ) ....


And here is my 2 page feature in the magazine ...








You can access the digital version of the magazine here : Wilco Real Estate Magazine , July 2015
Access them on FB here :WilcoRealEstateMag on Facebook

Hope you enjoyed the article. Wishing you all a fantastic summer.

Happy Styling !



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stay Connected ...



Studio M - Designs for your Home & Business : Projects

Interior Design & Consultation Services

by Studio M - Designs for your Home & Business